It has been too long! I don’t know why I stopped writing. I think for the last few months I have been processing all of this and trying to make sense of it all. My conclusion is that it doesn’t quite make sense.
As a melancholic I often struggle with sorrowful thoughts, and the short days and more months of no shows makes for a long winter. So here is my advice to myself. Perhaps it will help you too.
- Embrace small lights. Light candles and string twinkle lights. The darkness is real, but a little light goes along way.
- Read even for just thirty minutes a day. Learn something new. This can not just be a season of survival.
- Do tiny acts of kindness. Leave flowers on a door step. Send a note to a grandparent. Smile through your mask. We are all suffering and some much more than others.
- Exercise. I love my Amazon Prime workouts that I can do right in my living room. I also love to run/walk when it is not too cold.
- Drink tea…Lots and lots of tea.
I don’t feel very much like Pooh today,” said Pooh. “There there,” said Piglet. “I’ll bring you tea and honey until you do. – A.A Milne